- Be able to identify the history and current state of safety in the office-based surgical and anesthesia setting
- Understand and identify the most common safety-related issues encountered in the office-based surgical and anesthesia setting
- Comprehend the key safety consideration when setting up an office- based surgical practice
- Understand surgical-related safety issues specific to office-based practice including appropriate patient and procedure selection, use of safety checklists, and emergency preparedness
- Understand office-based safety practice management issues including facility accreditation, legislation and practice management.
Presenters: Fred E Shapiro DO, FASA and Richard D. Urman, MD, MBA, FASA