- To encourage resident interest in ambulatory anesthesia, and to encourage continued membership involvement in residency and beyond.
- To inform residents of the purpose of SAMBA in promoting research and education in ambulatory anesthesia administered in a hospital outpatient center, an ambulatory surgery center or in an office setting.
- To participate in resident education regarding the practice and current issues of ambulatory anesthesia.
- To encourage residents to gain experience in organized medical societies, thereby promoting their development as future leaders.
The Resident Section shall consist of a Chair, Chair-Elect, and Members-at-Large, with other positions to be created as needed. Nominations for officers will be solicited annually with elections occurring at the SAMBA Annual Meeting.
- Chairs the affairs of the Resident Section and attends the meetings of the Section.
- Coordinates the speakers and topics for the Resident’s Conference at the SAMBA Annual Meeting.
- Works with the SAMBA education committee and board of directors to help program and moderate webinars.
- Coordinates the marketing of webinars to residency program directors, SAMBA membership and the anesthesiology community.
- Coordinates, edits, and submits the SAMBA Newsletter resident articles by their deadline.
- Assists the Chair in conducting the affairs of the Resident Section and attends the meetings of the Section.
- Assumes the position of Chair at the end of the first year of duty.
- Oversees the administrative duties of the resident mentorship program.
- Keeps minutes of all resident section meetings.