Resident Travel Awards
AMBA encourages anesthesiology residents and fellows to become more involved in the Society by making available a limited number of $1,000 Travel Awards to residents whose original research abstracts are accepted for presentation. Residents and fellows, who receive travel awards for their abstracts, remain eligible for other awards presented at the annual meeting including the White Mountain Institute Award for Research in Ambulatory Anesthesia and the Excellence and Innovation Awards. Residents must attend the SAMBA Annual Meeting in order to receive the Resident Travel Award or the White Mountain Institute Award. For future years, interested individuals should check the SAMBA Web site in early fall for information on abstract submissions for the current Annual Meeting.
White Mountain Awards
The White Mountain Awards are funded by Dr. Paul F. White and are presented to those 3 residents/fellows whose abstract submissions were scored the highest based on their oral presentations at the meeting. The awards consist of a certificate and a monetary sum as well.
2019 SAMBA Award Winners
Resident Travel Award Winners:
- Dr. Jonathan Mazer, Brigham and Women Hospital
- Dr. Mark Jones, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Dr. Saeyeon Kim, Seoul national University Bundang
White Mountain Award Winners:
- 1st Place: Nupur Dua, University of Minnesota
- 2nd Place: Mark Jones, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- 3rd Place: Kapil Gupta, Toronto General Hospital